Who Uses Us

Who Uses Us

Self-employed and sole traders

If you are self-employed you need to declare all your income and business expenses on your self-assessment tax return due each year by the 31st January. We will run through with you exactly what expenses you are entitled to claim to ensure you are not missing out and paying too much tax. You may be able to claim for items such as travel costs, mobile phone calls, insurance, using your home as an office and many more expenses. Let us take the stress and hassle away with our professional tax return service. Whether you are an electrician, plasterer, joiner, plumber or taxi driver, if you need a self assessment accountant, we can help.

CIS sub-contractors

Do you work in the construction industry scheme on a self-employed basis? Our service is perfect for you! You will have had tax deducted from your pay during the year by the main contractors you have worked for. This means you will be able to claim a credit on your tax return for the tax you have paid against the personal tax free allowance you are entitled to. In most cases this leads to a tax refund, with refunds of between £1,500 and £2,000 depending on the circumstances. We will also work with you to ensure you declare your income and expenditure properly along with helping you claim for all the relevant expenses.

Property Landlords

If you’re a landlord in the UK, you will need to complete a self-assessment tax return each year by the 31st January to declare the rental income you have earned from your property. We will help you claim any allowable expenses to help reduce your tax bill and manage the whole tax return process for you. You will also need to declare any other income you may have earned during the year as well on your return, including income from any regular employment which has been taxed already. This is nothing to worry about though as it just helps show your overall tax position. We help people with rented and buy to let properties all over the UK and can also help if you now live overseas yourself.

Directors and high earners

Are you a company director, a higher rate taxpayer or have more complicated tax affairs? Chances are that you will probably need to complete a self-assessment tax return. This applies to company directors who receive dividends in addition to a salary and other benefits. We will work everything out for you and produce and file your tax return on your behalf saving you the time and hassle of completing the return yourself.


Whether you are a freelance photographer, journalist or work in the I.T. or design industry, you will need to declare what your income and expenses were during the year. This is were we can help, we will chat through everything with you to work out what you can claim for and produce and submit your tax return for you. Items such as travel costs, mobile phone calls and using your home as an office are examples of deductible expenses. Unlike many high street accountants we do not deal with big corporate clients, so our priority is people like you, providing them with a great personal service.


Do you operate your business as a partnership? If you do then you will need to complete a tax return for the partnership and also for each individual partner. Does this sound a bit daunting? Then why not let us take the stress away and manage the whole process for you ensuring that all your income is recorded correctly and in the right place and you claim for any allowable expenses. We offer a professional and efficient service at a competitive low fixed price. Sound appealing? Please get in touch.

Child benefit claimants

If you have an individual income above £50,000 and either you or your partner receive child benefit then you will need to complete a tax return. You may have to pay an additional tax charge called the ‘High Income Child Benefit Charge’. Don’t worry if you need help, we will sort all this out for and make sure your return is filed correctly.




"The Tax Owl – offering a professional self assessment tax return service."